Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review: Chai on Life by David's Tea

As the title says, this is my review on David's Tea Chai on Life

Chai on life is a white tea, it also contains green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, pineapple, coconut, pink peppercorn, ginger, black pepper, cloves, cardamom, natural cinnamon flavouring*. 

The first smell: pre-steeping. The cinnamon wins the smelling test hands down! Then comes the peppercorn and the nuttiness of the cloves and cardamom seeds. In my opinion, the lemongrass isn’t too overpowering and I get a very subtle smell of the pineapple and coconut

As it is a white tea, I tend to steep them for about 4-5 minutes maximum. I even stop the kettle before it starts to boil and sometimes I even add an ice cube to my cup while it's steeping. As a sweetener, I added just a little dab of agave - something barely noticeable.

Once stepped, the tea looks gorgeous, a beautiful light yellow, completely see-through. The smell is DIVINE, something you would expect with any chai. Clove and cinnamon goodness!  The taste is very subtle on the lemongrass and pineapple. I don’t personally get much of the coconut but there’s a certain freshness even as a warm tea.


I also tried this tea as a latte. I used unsweetened coconut milk. When I prepare lattes I make sure to use more tea leaves and also steep my tea for a few minutes longer so the taste is a lot more noticeable. I also sweetener my latte with the smallest amount  of agave. For this drink, coconut milk worked wonderfully. As it's normal drink, the coconut wasn't so palatable, simply refreshing but it becomes absolutely lovely with the milk and balances out very well!

Love your Chai :)


If you have any question regarding this tea, don't hesitate to ask.

Magali

No comments:

Post a Comment